Technology that allows you to convert CT and MRI images to 3D models
3d modelling provides an extra dimension to imaging and open a better perception of patient-specific examination.
Why 3D modelling
- Accelerating surgery planning and simulation
- Reinforcement medical education and surgery training
- Improvement implant design
- Conduct medical imaging research
- Creating precise, patient specific 3d printed medical model
- Precise reflecting the patient’s anatomy
3D printing and additive manufacturing
Thanks to 3D printing and additive manufacturing medical companies can create exact patient-specific models. The key aspect is that the preparation of 3d model must be fully automatic – on the other hand, the basic requirement is to ensure the maximum precision of such a printout to reflect the patient’s anatomy as accurately as possible.
We have experience working on precise STL (stereolithography, standard triangle language creation) for 3D printing.
High precision mesh generation
Coronary vessels are tiny structures whose segmentation requires special techniques. One aspect relates to the high precision reconstruction of complex geometry. We use state-of-the-art algorithms to generate and process meshes, including conversion from a sparse, high-resolution representation of voxels using VesselEngineTM. Our data is ready for both physical modelling and visualisation tools.
3D mesh modeling and analysis
Efficient implicit mesh representation
3d Mesh modeling and analysis
Mesh reconstruction is based on an interplay between an anatomic prior: vessel walls should be straight and noisy image data. Below we show an example of a analytic tool allowing for explicit verification of mesh deviation form ideal segmentation. Vector field show placed where the mesh deviates from maximum of gradient module.
- Algorithms developed by us automatically generate a 3D model and prepare the model for printing, while maintaining maximum print precision (possibility to accurately create a 3D model tailored to the patient anatomy). Learn more
- We are able to build algorithms from scratch that are resilient to the majority of issues that arise in the practise of accurately preparing geometry for 3D printing and maintaining high tolerance in medically important parameters. Learn more
- Ground-truth preparation – we have experience in creating – based on diverse, large sets of image data – high-quality segmentation. Segmentation is used as input for training neural networks in 3D medical image processing. Learn more
- Our experts create physical 3D modelling software and 3D printable models tailored to patients needs and patients anatomy requirements. Learn more
Learn more about our competences
Let’s work on
your challenges together!
Contact with us:
T: +44 204 577 39 51